Topic #288 is courtesy of Scott Bekrun in The Daily Post. He asks, “When you’re stressed or overwhelmed, where is the best place in the world for you to go to relax?
For me, it’s my yoga mat.
Yoga is a discipline that combines exercises with relaxation techniques; the intent is to rejuvenate the body and free the mind from tension and fatigue. Yoga means unity or oneness, from the Sanskrit word “yug” (to join). You do not need to be flexible to practice yoga. People with varying levels of flexibility enjoy yoga and discover great improvements in their flexibility as they continue to practice. There are, however, some basic safety tips to follow.
- Practice yoga in a quiet, restful place
- Follow the exercises carefully
- Stop if you feel any pain
- Keep breathing deeply to relax the body
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Keep your feet bare for traction
- Undertake yoga if you are pregnant, unfit, or suffering from any injury or medical disorder before consulting your health care provider
- Rush through the movement; give yourself the time to enjoy the postures
- Hyper-extend or lock the knee
- Perform yoga on a full stomach; wait one hour after a light meal and four hours after a heavy meal
- Expect that you will be able to imitate the postures right away
For more information about Permacharts, click here. All Permacharts are laminated on both sides with a sealed edge to ensure the product is waterproof and tear proof. The product comes with our limited lifetime warranty against peeling and delaminating.