The Daily Post
at WordPress posted the following suggestion to stimulate the creative process.
- Make sure you are somewhere safe.
- Guess how long you can keep your eyes closed.
- Close your eyes.
- Start counting.
- See how long you can go.Write about any or all of:
- How close your guess was to your actual performance.
- What thoughts did your mind wander to while you were counting?
- Did you feel any fear? Why or why not?
The process described above is just one of many ways to nurture your creativity. You have the ability to generate many new and exciting ideas, but first you have to discover how to unlock your creative side. . The human brain is divided into two halves: the left brain, which is objective, logical, and analytical, and the right brain, which is subjective, intuitive, and imaginative. Everyone has the ability to imagine and create, but not all of us effectively access or use the creative, or right side, of our brain. You can get many helpful tips and exercises to develop your creativity in Permacharts‘ Creativity quick study reference guide.
Here’s an excerpt of what you will find in this Permachart:
Skill Builder #3:
Get Outside the Box
This technique helps you to look at things from a different perspective, to twist and turn the obvious into something new.
- Twist, turn, reshape, modify, adapt, eliminate, reverse everything and anything.
- Take a negative and make it a positive and vice-versa.
- Pick an item, such as a wallet. Modify it, tilt it, add to it, stand it up, lay it down, color it, change its purpose, until it is no longer a wallet, but something entirely different.
- Frame things through the eyes of different people. How would a doctor use a table? A mechanic? A teacher? A janitor? A salesclerk? A________? See how many ways you can frame the table. This may give you insight into new design ideas.
For more information about Permacharts, click here. All Permacharts are laminated on both sides with a sealed edge to ensure product is waterproof and tear proof. The product comes with our limited lifetime warranty against peeling and delaminating.
To order any products from our complete line of Permacharts, visit www.permacharts.com. But, before you order, visit our Facebook page and “like” us. If you are one of the first 500 people to “like” us, you’ll be entered in a draw to win a free iPod Touch…and you’ll receive a coupon code for 25% off all products.